Anyone in Bangkok in January?

As per the thread title, is anyone in Bangkok in early January (6th - 20th) that would be willing to meet up for a few drinks and maybe show me a few things? I know it may come across as strange, but I'll be traveling alone and I have never even been to Thailand, let alone Bangkok before. I've been reading various threads on this forum and it's all starting to seem a bit overwhelming for a beginner like me! 😂

I'm 31 and British if that is of any relevance..

Welcome to the forum.  You'll find a lot of folks here who will gladly help a newbie and show you around.

We've started to have regular meet-ups and hop between go-go's as a group.  It would be a good opportunity for you to learn the ropes.  If you remind me closer to your arrival, we can make sure to schedule one while you're here.

You'll have a great time here.

7 hours ago, hbit said:

Welcome to the forum.  You'll find a lot of folks here who will gladly help a newbie and show you around.

We've started to have regular meet-ups and hop between go-go's as a group.  It would be a good opportunity for you to learn the ropes.  If you remind me closer to your arrival, we can make sure to schedule one while you're here.

Thanks a lot, it's much appreciated. I'll be sure to remind you closer to the time! 👍

22 hours ago, hbit said:

Are you having a meet up anytime soon? I’ve been in BKK the last 8 weeks and always keen for a beer. 

48 minutes ago, Carver said:

Are you having a meet up anytime soon? I’ve been in BKK the last 8 weeks and always keen for a beer. 

We've been talking about it, yes, but no plans yet.  I'll send you a PM and get you into the line group and we can pick a day and announce it.

17 hours ago, billressup said:

i will be in january 6-11. pm during that time and we can meet up

That's great. Are you a regular user or this forum? If so, I will send you a PM closer to the time and we can exchange contact details. I'd much rather spend some time with someone more experienced than me because there seems to be a hell of a lot to learn!

Welcome welcome.  If you guys are coming in January, check out the Barstool banter Section and see if the January 2023 group has started.  Good way to get meet ups happening.  I did that on my last trip and it made the experience more fun.

1 hour ago, Bangkoknewbie said:

I am also going to be a newbie to Thailand but will leave before January. I have heard that is easy to make friends with other tourists.

Same as anywhere mate. Some people are ok, some not. I find if you end up playing pool in some of the bars you usually end up chatting with people.