4 star or 5 star hotels, guest friendly

Hi guys,

Planning my first trip to Bangkok. I plan to bring "guests" back to my hotel room both women and LBs. I understand you need to book a room for 2 to avoid joiner fees.

Generally speaking to bring girls and LBs back is it better to get a 4 star or 5 star hotel room or does it not really matter. Also is https://guestfriendlyhotels.com a good guide to see which hotels are guest friendly or is it outdated.

It does not matter in the slightest. They are all used to performing in short time hotels and those tend to be dreadful. If you are looking for a nice hotel, the S31 hotel has awesome duplex suites. I've stayed there a few times for a night or 2 before I transitioned to airbnb.

2 hours ago, smurf7 said:

Hi guys,

Planning my first trip to Bangkok. I plan to bring "guests" back to my hotel room both women and LBs. I understand you need to book a room for 2 to avoid joiner fees.

Generally speaking to bring girls and LBs back is it better to get a 4 star or 5 star hotel room or does it not really matter. Also is https://guestfriendlyhotels.com a good guide to see which hotels are guest friendly or is it outdated.

Doesn't matter. Almost all hotels including 4 and 5 stars are guest friendly. If you want to be sure before you book, send them an email asking them about their guest policy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2022 at 10:34 AM, Father_Murtagh said:

I can recommend Adelphi Suites in Soi 8, very get friendly and easy to bring girls back

I can second this. Hotel is nice and clean and close to BTS and Nana Plaza. Has several food options and a 7-11 nearby. Also the Vasu exchange next to the BTS is also a great place to exchange currency with great rates. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2022 at 7:34 AM, Father_Murtagh said:

I can recommend Adelphi Suites in Soi 8, very get friendly and easy to bring girls back

While I've stayed here several times and can highly recommend it for being super convenient and girl friendly, I'm not sure that it would qualify for 4 or 5 stars - mostly due to the lack of services provided at that tier.  Overall though the room is great and spacious and the staff never bothered me.

• 9 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 5:38 AM, comfyguy said:

While I've stayed here several times and can highly recommend it for being super convenient and girl friendly, I'm not sure that it would qualify for 4 or 5 stars - mostly due to the lack of services provided at that tier.  Overall though the room is great and spacious and the staff never bothered me.

which services do you think they lack? I'm considering Landmark vs Adelphi, can't make up my mind. 

As far as five-star hotels are concerned, I have never came across one that was not guest-friendly. Whether it was Landmark, Sherton or Marriot, there were no problems at any of them. Unfortunately, I can't say anything definitive about the Oriental 🙁. In my opinion, the Landmark is one star class higher than the Adelphi. Especially if you get a special offer at the Landmark, which are offered from time to time, i would prefer it hands down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2023 at 2:10 AM, thawit77 said:

I think the Oriental and the Atlanta are the only two hotels that have a strict no guest policy.  Some 6 star hotels like the St Regis and Waldorf might also have restrictions.

Can confirm from personal experience (Dec 2021 for St. Regis and Dec 2022 for Waldorf Astoria) that there are no restrictions on guests whatsoever (I'm talking two girls each time at each hotel).

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:38 AM, comfyguy said:

I agree. Stayed here for my first trip. I'd say 3 star hotel but room was clean, staff was good and location is close to NP and the BTS station