Better late than never.

benbear76

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank goodness the mask wearing is a thing of the past now. Should you do get Covid it's most likely mild and if it isn't then there is the excellent RAM hospital. Went thru it a month ago and it was a breeze. Everyone was very easygoing. Nothing like in the past.

1 hour ago, reiner said:

Thank goodness the mask wearing is a thing of the past now. Should you do get Covid it's most likely mild and if it isn't then there is the excellent RAM hospital. Went thru it a month ago and it was a breeze. Everyone was very easygoing. Nothing like in the past.

It is a good thing that it's not against the law anymore to walk without mask, but in Bangkok still 98% of the Thai people still wearing masks. Only when they eat and drink they take them off. 

12 hours ago, drifting clouds said:

It is a good thing that it's not against the law anymore to walk without mask, but in Bangkok still 98% of the Thai people still wearing masks. Only when they eat and drink they take them off. 

That's not my experience. It probably depends on where you hang out. The only notable exception I found was the Skytrain. There almost everyone followed the suggestion to wear a mask even though it is no longer required. That is also the only place where I wore one, simply because it is kind of a closed environment and I don't want to scare anyone who depends on it to get around and feels vulnerable .

19 hours ago, drifting clouds said:

Yup. Most are still wearing them. That said, plenty wore them before covid so it’s not that surprising. Maybe not so much around lower Sukhumvit, but certainly in the rest of Bangkok.

Edited by Herbby

7 hours ago, reiner said:

The only notable exception I found was the Skytrain.

In the last few weeks I've been here, I've observed that the Skytrain and subway are the places where masks are almost universally worn, in my opinion, a good thing.  Shopping centers like Terminal 21 people are mostly masked, hotel lobbies, and of course the airport.  I mask up in those places, but the downfall are the bars and clubs.  Probably the incubator of more nasty viruses than any of the aforementioned places.  But who wants to wear a mask when you've got a cute dancer on your lap or have her back in your room?  and of course that is the problem.  A few days ago I got very sick.  Tested and it wasn't Covid, must be the flu, but knocked me out.  Wasn't how I was expecting to spend my last week here.  Bummer, but that's the price you pay I guess for not waiting another year to come over and enjoy.  Feeling better now, looking forward to a mellow last 4 days.