Hotels still being girlfriendly in 2022

Dear Sirs,

A question: Are hotels still as girlfriendly now in Covid times? I'm considering booking either Shama Sukhumvit on Soi 4 or staying at Emporium Suites but how will hotels react in these times if you bring a girl back to your room (I always book for 2 persons)?

Does anybody have any experiences with this in these trying times? Or maybe some recommendations? I really don't like ST hotels so....

Probably will be going around beginning of April till May.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mrmojo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrmojo said:

Dear Sirs,

A question: Are hotels still as girlfriendly now in Covid times? I'm considering booking either Shama Sukhumvit on Soi 4 or staying at Emporium Suites but how will hotels react in these times if you bring a girl back to your room (I always book for 2 persons)?

Does anybody have any experiences with this in these trying times? Or maybe some recommendations? I really don't like ST hotels so....

Thanks in advance!

Don't know for sure about the hotels you mention but I know at W21 Asok it is no problem now

see

On 2/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, Mrmojo said:

Dear Sirs,

Thanks in advance!

Ibis on Soi4 were fine with the various guests that turned up with me on different occasions. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t get why one would book hotelrooms in this day and age. Airbnb is a lot more private and noone tells you who can and can’t ‘visit’

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jonard said:

I don’t get why one would book hotelrooms in this day and age. Airbnb is a lot more private and noone tells you who can and can’t ‘visit’

Some of us like the service of a hotel, desk staff, daily maid service, concierge, maybe room service. Old school, I guess.  As long as they let you take a guest to the room, it's the way I like to travel.

Airbnb is also a great option but like Soi11 said, I like the service of a hotel, the room being cleaned 3 times a week, clean towels and bedsheets ect. hotels are more expensive but not that much if one thinks about the added services. I actually love Airbnb in other countries as it gives you more privacy but in Thailand/Bangkok the hotels are much more open about it.

Shama Sukhumvit is a hotel where I stayed before and I like the service I get there. Besides the usual stuff they provide free bottled water (like 6 bottles or something) every cleaning and there's a balcony and they don't mind if you smoke there. Staff is friendly (the last time I visited anyways) and I know they were girl-friendly but because of covid regulation I was a little bit worried.

I emailed them about joiners and they said it fine as long as they clear the standard covid check (temp check and so on).

As mentioned by the other posters the "paying for double occupancy" is just to make sure they won't mind a second person staying around. Usually you don't pay that much extra (maybe only taxes?).

• Like 1

i always book room for 2 apart from getting bigger beds 555

i stayed Alt Nana last year during nearly full lockdown, no bars open selling beer,  10min walk to Plaza, no problem bringing ladies back, street FL i brought back one night went straight to the front desk and handed in her ID,

other night i had TF meet=up and walked straight pass front desk TG in hand and didn't even get a look from the staff

Edited by Flashus
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...