April 2022

Hi guys,

Looking at a trip in 2 parts in April…. More on that later.

It looks as though things in LOS are slowly coming back to normal, or even whatever the new normal is post Covid.

I have reasons through my work to be in Europe in late April. As an Aussie, Asia, and specifically Thailand acts as a very convenient gateway to Europe. My work has an office in BNK and I understand my boss wants to assemble the APAC team in BNK fir a few days before we head up to Europe for a week long expo.

I sense opportunity.

So my thoughts are to arrive in BNK about 48 hours before any scheduled meetings there, to allow for a short quarantine period…. Plus some fun!

I’d expect to be leaving BNK on about day 5… so not sure how that works with the required day 5 test?

Then return to LOS from Europe for another week, this will be on holiday from work. So I guess that means a second isolation period too?

I have some questions that I hope some boardies may have some good intel on?

Are test results coming back from quarantine hotels within 48 hours?

Are there many quarantine hotels in BNK Sukhumvit area to choose from?

Is Thermae open again yet?

Keen to try my first ladyboy experience… I know you can find LB’s pretty much everywhere but I’m looking for something quite specific. Potentially a lady boy massage place where the lady boy will penetrate me…. They need to be gentle with me… lol.

Appreciate all and any replies 

Edited by cluster
Updated

• cluster changed the title to April 2022
1 hour ago, cluster said:

Hi guys,

It looks as though things in LOS are slowly coming back to normal, or even whatever the new normal is post Covid.

I have reasons through my work to be in Europe in late April. As an Aussie, Asia, and specifically Thailand acts as a very convenient gateway to Europe. My work has an office in BNK and I understand my boss wants to assemble the APAC team in BNK fir a few days before we head up to Europe for a week long expo.

I sense opportunity.

So my thoughts are to arrive in BNK about 48 hours before any scheduled meetings there, to allow for a short quarantine period…. Plus some fun!

I’d expect to be leaving BNK on about day 5… so not sure how that works with the required day 5 test?

Then return to LOS from Europe for another week, this will be on holiday from work. So I guess that means a second isolation period too?

Keen to try my first ladyboy experience… I know you can find LB’s pretty much everywhere but I’m looking for something quite specific. Potentially a lady boy massage place where the lady boy will penetrate me…. They need to be gentle with me… lol.

I think Thermea might be open again by then.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cluster said:

Hi guys,

I sense opportunity.

-Results usually come within 12 hours at the most. If you fly in at night, you'll likely have your results after breakfast.

-Plenty of hotel quarantine hotels around Sukhumvit, most are in this area.

-Ladyboy massages are strangely far and few between. The easiest option here is the place opposite The Landmark Hotel between soi 5 and 7. You cant miss it....or more like they won't miss you. There's usually a few cute looking 'girls' sitting outside waiting for customers. There used to be a few options down Soi 7/1 too, but not sure whats open there now. Being hidden away a little its been a busy soi during Covid. If you're happy to bring one back to your hotel then there's a huge group of them outside Therme every night.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stoneloz said:

-Results usually come within 12 hours at the most. If you fly in at night, you'll likely have your results after breakfast.

-Ladyboy massages are strangely far and few between. The easiest option here is the place opposite The Landmark Hotel between soi 5 and 7. You cant miss it....or more like they won't miss you. There's usually a few cute looking 'girls' sitting outside waiting for customers. There used to be a few options down Soi 7/1 too, but not sure whats open there now. Being hidden away a little its been a busy soi during Covid. If you're happy to bring one back to your hotel then there's a huge group of them outside Therme every night.

That place you mention between Soi 5 & 7 is now a small LB bar (used to be a luggage shop). Makes sense I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbby said:

That place you mention between Soi 5 & 7 is now a small LB bar (used to be a luggage shop). Makes sense I guess.

I recall the LB’s outside the luggage shop… always seemed a bit odd to me too.

7 hours ago, stoneloz said:

Thanks for you great reply helps with my planning.

Another question for anyone in the know please….

How strictly is the hotel quarantine enforced?

Is it possible or advisable to sneak out of your room the night that you are waiting for the all clear result?

Is there a guard on the door?

2 hours ago, cluster said:

Is it possible or advisable to sneak out of your room the night that you are waiting for the all clear result?

Don't do it. Although you're not locked in, there is usually a guard on the floor to ensure no one leaves. Even if there's not then its a very bad idea. A few people have done it and the hotel reports them to the police and they've been all across the news, fined and deported.

For the sake of a few hours, just wait. The system is annoying, but works and allows tourists to come back to Thailand, hotels to reopen, and staff to be employed again. Every time there's someone walking out and the local news picks up that another arrogent farang ignores the rules it jeopardizes the reopening of the country.

Stay in, enjoy the hotel room, get over yoiur jetlag and go out a few hours later refreshed and ready to have fun.

• Like 1

You need to be in a SHA+Extra hotel for the two tests, day 1 and day 5.  Presuming you are cleared after the first test, you can stay at any hotel for nights 2-4.  Go to another hotel after you clear your first test ... have your fun ... then go back to a SHA+Extra hotel for the second test on day 5.

11 hours ago, cluster said:

On day one it is strictly enforced and you should no doubt stay in. Please do not try to get out it is not worth it. 

On day 5, depending on your hotel, after you get tested they may let you out while you wait for your test results. I know people who were able to leave the hotel on day 5 after the test and did not have to stay in the room until the results came back. This may be because the probability of getting covid on day 5 after testing negative on day 1 is extremely low. I have heard this feedback from nurses who work at test and go hospitals. Usually positive tests are on day 1, which unfortunately for many travelers has a very high incidence rate. 

10 hours ago, stoneloz said:

Don't do it. Although you're not locked in, there is usually a guard on the floor to ensure no one leaves. Even if there's not then its a very bad idea. A few people have done it and the hotel reports them to the police and they've been all across the news, fined and deported.

For the sake of a few hours, just wait. The system is annoying, but works and allows tourists to come back to Thailand, hotels to reopen, and staff to be employed again. Every time there's someone walking out and the local news picks up that another arrogent farang ignores the rules it jeopardizes the reopening of the country.

Stay in, enjoy the hotel room, get over yoiur jetlag and go out a few hours later refreshed and ready to have fun.

This. Definitely don’t do it.