Cheap, good enough accommodations

I will be arriving on Christmas day and will be in BKK for several weeks or longer.  Given the situation I haven't determined if it's worth going to Pattaya of if I should just stay in BKK till the scene hopefully improves.
Anyway, my son will be staying with me for at least the first few weeks and so I am looking for an additional budget accommodation near the action that I can meet and take guests to.  I have looked on Booking but then it occurred to me that some fellas on here may know some decent options that don't list on Booking and similar sites.
Thanks guys

• 6 months later...
On 12/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, curt75 said:

Given the situation I haven't determined if it's worth going to Pattaya of if I should just stay in BKK till the scene hopefully improves.

Improves how exactly?  Pattaya is going great and arguably has recovered better than Bangkok.  Plenty of Agogos are open, plenty of beer bars, freelancers are around.  There is no shortage of women and entertainment to be had there right now and it will only get better as the high season approaches.

Nana hotel is probably your best bet, if that is near the action you want.  Although I would suggest that you might just enjoy some massage shops, use short time rooms, or book a room for a night as needed. I have found that Agoda has the best prices for Thailand.

• Like 1