Phuket Sandbox

elitebook2

14 hours ago, battenburg_army said:

What’s the deal with this Phuket sandbox when it comes to flying in?

As of now, only direct flights from overseas are allowed to land in Phuket via international carriers such as Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines. If you fly into Bangkok, you will need to do the ASQ 14 day quarantine.

The good news is the authorities are planning to create a special transit area in BKK Airport for passengers on their way to Phuket, so that rule may change in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any reviews from people there at the moment?

I'm going home from Singapore soon, and was thinking of spending a couple of weeks in Phuket first before travelling home. Is it worth it?

I did go on Tinder and changed my location to Phuket. The girls are telling me everything closes at 8.

It’s got to be better than being confined to a hotel room. I know some people who are there; it was a bit of a fuck about with the paperwork and tests, but ultimately quite a smooth process.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Phuket now.  Places are open and you can do daily activities which is great from the quarantine perspective.  

From an adult fun perspective,  everything is closed and most of the girls have gone home.

However there are great hotel deals and lovely sparsely populated beaches!

I want to go to Phuket too. But domestic traveling still not allowed. At least with the current Sandbox rules. Let's see if they allow it on 1st September, I hope it

Edited by expotbkk

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Ncage said:

Anyone have any recent info on Phuket? From a few videos I’ve seen on YouTube it seems to be getting more lively recently.

i posted two lengthy situation updates last week and yesterday on phuket on pattaya-addicts (and there's lots of other up2date info there). you find it on my profile (same username as here).