November 2021

I don't think November 2021 is looking good with the virus raging in India right now.  And the virus hasn't gone away in the States, even with a third of the population vaccinated (and at least 20% of the population already infected).

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Kurios said:

So Thailand goes off the UK red list tomorrow. For the thai residents here, any update on the Sandbox programme for Bkk/patts? What do you think the chances are of the go go bars opening up again soon?

Unfortunately difficult to say, it has beens shown on the past their ability to say one thing and change at the very last minute. Bkk, Pattaya, Hua Hin, are suppose to reopen without quarantine on 1st november, that their last statement after already postpone it 2 times. So let see on 31 october what they will say. Regarding gogo/bar reopening, thats another story. Keep in mind that even in Phuket it is not open yet, only restaurant bar are allowed to open with alcohol. I would not be surprise if nothing change until january 2022, especially they start to call locals for a third booster dose for the one who got Sinovac. I would say better being patient and book after things are really open, and not just on a statement that might change. Remember all the one who booked flights last year around the same period then they delayed at last minute, or even the one who came doing quarantine and so on to be then blocked with all bar closed... Lot of risk to my sense

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Aminbkk said:

Unfortunately difficult to say, it has beens shown on the past their ability to say one thing and change at the very last minute. Bkk, Pattaya, Hua Hin, are suppose to reopen without quarantine on 1st november, that their last statement after already postpone it 2 times. So let see on 31 october what they will say. Regarding gogo/bar reopening, thats another story. Keep in mind that even in Phuket it is not open yet, only restaurant bar are allowed to open with alcohol. I would not be surprise if nothing change until january 2022, especially they start to call locals for a third booster dose for the one who got Sinovac. I would say better being patient and book after things are really open, and not just on a statement that might change. Remember all the one who booked flights last year around the same period then they delayed at last minute, or even the one who came doing quarantine and so on to be then blocked with all bar closed... Lot of risk to my sense

Thanks!

Prime minister announced he will "consider" 10 country from 1st november then extended from 1st december and so on. Consider is the key word, i believe people who live enough time in Thailand especially during this covid thing, know it means nothing sure. Same "Consider" word has been used for the reopening of bar and entertainment venue from 1st december... this can be found on news. Just saying, after to each their own decision

If you have kept an eye on the covid news in Thailand over the past two years then you will have a feeling of deja vu.  We have heard this before where ministers, the tourist authority and scientists have made announcements and then little or nothing happens.  This time it's the prime minister making the statements so that is very promising but even then it's best to wait out until it is settled.  Nothing is final until it appears in the Royal Gazette.  That may only be a few days before November 1 and then December 1 at which time the change might not be all that you hoped for.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, elitebook2 said:

Is it time to start posting a new travel date?  Is anyone else thinking about late November 2021?  A few things need to fall into place, but I think it's a possibility.  Thailand is not my only Asian destination, so other countries have to open back up for me, too.  

Airline tickets are very affordable.  I won't buy until Thailand opens up without quarantine.  I don't want to deal with the hassle of cancelled flights or the nightmare of an airline going bankrupt.  

I assume that getting vaccinated will be mandatory.  I don't think it will be a problem to find one in the next 9 months.

9 months is a long time and anything can happen.  Can Thailand vaccinate a decent percent of the population?  Will the vaccine work with the new strains of the virus?  Can the Thai people accept low levels of Covid without shutting everything down?  Does the tourism industry have the political power to push a reopening?   How much nightlife will be left if Thailand is shut down for another 9 months?  Will new people buy the old leases and open something new or will the spaces be vacant? 

I'll be there! Is there a Group Line chat?

• 2 weeks later...