Intercontinental or JW Marriott

Hi Guys

I’ve currently booked a basic room at the JW Marriott for a trip I’ll hopefully be able to make in October. 

However, I’ve been looking at prices again today and for the same price as a basic room at the JW I can get a club corner suite at the Intercontinental. 

I don’t have any experience of either of these hotels but wondering what you would do with these options?

JW seems to have a much better location so I’m probably still leaning towards that. Both have free cancellation btw

On both my trips, I've stayed at the Hotel Icon on the same soi as the Marriott. My go-to pickup place has been Hillary 2 on Soi 4 (Soi Nana), just a block away with an easy short cut through the Rajah Hotel parking lot. No need for taxi trips back to the hotel. So I would go for the Marriott.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My last trip to BKK I stayed at both the JW and Marriott Marquis Queens' Park.  The Marquis was nicer, but the JW was being remodeled, so I would assume it is in really nice shape now,  It is very convenient to Nana, and is a step above the Intercontinental.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Intercontinental was pretty nice. Elevators were fast, rooms were well suited, everything on point for a hotel in that price range. Breakfast was excellent. Pool is on the roof, small, round, not something to swim laps in.  Location is right next to Chit Lom BTS and has has inside walkway to the Greysorn mall and some other huge mall across the street from that. It was a bit of a walk from Nana, but skyrtain is right in front. Starbucks across the street was (2019) open 24 hours.

(and I had a top tiered IHG rewards membership that got me breakfast free, room upgraded, room was free on points, etc...)

My stay at the JW Marriot was over a decade ago. Hallway smelled like smoke. Room was OK, had door for adjoining rooms (only had one room) and a lot of sound came through that door. Didn't try and food there. Pool was great, large and regular size that you could swim in without dodging kids. Location was very close to Nana plaza, but on the far side of it from Nana BTS, so really any daytime commutes (anywhere other than a nearby bar) was less convenient, but still not bad.

Used to regularly be on priceline for cheap... (but it's been 10 years since I've used that).