LINE mobile phone number

kelp987

Need to reinstall LINE on a new phone.  Right now it's registered to a Thailand mobile number.  I know LINE will send a verification text to the mobile number.  I'm not in Thailand now.  What to do?  I don't want to change my LINE number to my main mobile number in my home country.  I want a separate mobile number for my LINE.  I tried to use a Skype or Google Voice number but it does not allow it.  It seems it only allows official registered mobile numbers from major carriers in each country.

Any ideas?  

I should have the SIM card somewhere, I think I misplaced it.  If I pop it in, I might be able to get the text, if I got balance and roaming works.  In the past it worked 50/50 for me.  The problem at this point, I think my SIM is expired altogether.

• 6 months later...

I just recently had the same issue.  I realize this response is a bit late, but incase others have this same issue.  

Link your line to facebook  (I dont use facebook but just created one for this issue). Then install line on the new phone and sign in with the facebook option.