Spring 2021, fingers crossed

My annual visit to BKK was cancelled this year in March for obvious reasons. Hoping to make up for it with 2 weeks coming springs but fingers crossed, numbers keep declining and the vaccine actually works. When do most of you think BKK will be fully open back to business?

It will have to be July for me now, I started a new contract last month and won't be able to take much time off before then but when it happens then I will have a long trip of about 4 weeks.  Of course that depends on what happens with covid and how countries react.  By then there should be a vaccine although it's still not guaranteed.

I was hoping to go October/ November this year but pushed that idea to February which I think will not happen and Thailand will not open up for regular tourists until 2nd or 3rd quarter next year.

So my Plan A got canned and Plan B too with Plan C being October/ November next year as a realistic option and June/ July/ August as a hopeful option.

My thinking is BKK *might* open from April/May next year but only to other ‘low risk’ Asian countries like Malaysia Singapore HK Taiwan etc. For the rest of us from U.K. / Europe / US we’ll be on 14 day quarantine until there’s an ‘acceptable’ vaccine widely available and we can prove we’ve had it so maybe by end of next year if we’re lucky 😕 

My thinking is BKK *might* open from April/May next year but only to other ‘low risk’ Asian countries like Malaysia Singapore HK Taiwan etc. For the rest of us from U.K. / Europe / US we’ll be on 14 day quarantine until there’s an ‘acceptable’ vaccine widely available and we can prove we’ve had it so maybe by end of next year if we’re lucky 😕 

I’m planning towards May 2021.... would have been in LOS right now had it not been for Covid.

As an Australian hoping to be able to come straight in without a 14 day quarantine period.

Here in Melbourne it’s been a tough 6 months of lockdown. We are seeing fewer cases now and hope restrictions will ease soon. Talk today of a travel bubble opening between Sydney and New Zealand. Hope that’s the first step towards the new normal.

It all depends on the vaccine. Not much is going to change in SE Asia until the distribution of a vaccine, but I believe several vaccines (multiple sources) will have successfully passed their stage 3 tests by the end of 2020. I can't speak for Europe, Australia, or NE Asia, but once approval is certified in the US, distribution will be fast and the people that want it will have it by March or April 2021.  

Is this hopeful thinking? We shall see. But, it is already the end of September. By late November/early December we should have definitive results on several stage 3 tests.  

Keep in mind, there is always Brazil which is wide open right now as we speak. I could fly down to Rio or Sao Paulo tomorrow if I wanted to. No quarantine! All you need is a negative test result, proof of valid health insurance, and no temperature upon arrival. By the way, SP has the best nightlife in all of SA. It is impressive.

Do you really wanna go to Brazil???  ☺️

Anxiety is growing and everyday is another nightmare at least in western Europe and for me my loved Bangkok seems so far away.

Even when Bangkok will reopen for whorists like me , how is gonna be ??   What kind of fun are you going to be allowed in a way that you think is safe ......and how the prices will be up to pay for all this mess.  Thailand was getting expensive before the pandemic now is just get worst...

Good luck everyone ..Hope to see you soon in any part of Thailand.