Where do you monger in Bangkok?

Where do you normally monger in Bangkok?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you usually monger? (multiple answers ok, identity hidden)

• Soi Cowboy
    • Nana Plaza
    • Patpong
    • Massage
    • Soapy Bars
    • BJ Bars
    • Tinder
    • Thai Friendly
    • Clubs (Thermae, etc)
    • Other (please explain)

On 9/1/2020 at 3:17 AM, Bkkdabest said:

What bars and/or clubs do you go in Manila and Jakarta?  Are they open to tourists now?  I enjoyed time in both places in the late 90's but have not been since.  Might be worth checking out if they open up before Thailand.

Right now BKK & Pattaya are the only locations I am aware of with open for business Go Go's and Bars. If I had my choice of where in the world to sit  out the pandemic, it  would be LOS. It is not even close as all the Go Go's & bars in MNL and all the bars. clubs and bordellos in Jakarta are closed. There are still plenty of sex hungry girls in these cities. You can find them on their respective social media sites, but it just not as much fun, IMHO, as bar hopping.

An intro to MNL & CGK:

In pre Corona times MNL had 2 great night life areas: Makati, MNL Burgos Street and the EDSA Entertainment Complex in Pasay, MNL. A very rough comparison would be Burgos street is like Soi Cowboy with cars and EDSA is like Nana. I like both areas although Burgos seems to have the most good looking girls. My favorite Burgos bars are Kojax, Plan B, Bottoms, XOXO, and Rogues in that order. Plus a few blocks away from Burgos is another favorite of mine called the Royal Club, which is a great FL pick up bar. My favorite Go Go's in EDSA are Firehouse, Pitstop, and Samba. Overall prices are a little higher for ST in MNL than in BKK, but still in the same ballpark. On looks, any attractive MNL Go Go girl can hold her own compared to BKK Go Go girls. In fact on any Saturday night I would say Kojax can easily compete with the best BKK Go Go bars as far as quality girls and ambiance goes.  It is a rockin' bar! The key point I want to make about MNL is that the Filipinas are wonderful girls. This is the land of GFE. The girls are why I keep visiting MNL. If you take away the girls, MNL ain't got much worth talking about. Philippine food is not great and there is not much to see or do here except to shag the girls. 

Now Jakarta is very different from BKK or MNL. Ha Ha. Very different. The main venue in Jakarta is the brothel which is similar to, but different in many ways compared to BKK Soapies. For example, one of my favorite brothels is Malio Club/Malioboro Lounge (all in one very large building). How to describe this joint? Well, it is all in-house. Shagging is done in nice rooms above the bars and longe areas of the building.  Take outs are prohibitively expensive, but that does not prevent the girls from making dates with you in their off hours. Malio has a wide assortment of girls ranging from very attractive dancers to couch girls. Prices range from from around $165 for dancers to $60 for the couch girls. Drinks are separate. One enjoyable feature of this kind of set up is that it encourages a lot of drinking and fooling around in the bar and lounge areas. The dancer usually offer bj's on the mezzanine level. Malioboro Lounge on the other side of the building has similar pricing for their dancers and couch girls, but they also have import girls available from China, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, and Former Soviet Union Federation Countries. The imports go for around $116 per session.

I have several other favorite bordellos in Jakarta including 1001 Pool and the Emporium Spa Hotel. 1001 has the best lineup of young and I do mean young, Indo girls anywhere. In the same building as 1001, but with a separate entrance, there is Coliseum Club, a great disco/pick up nightclub filled with both amateur and pro girls. The problem for me is I can never wait long enough for Colosseum to open, The 1001 Indo girls always get my commerce. Ha Ha. Emporium is another real nice brothel with a nightclub in the same building on a different floor. I have met some real nice girls in Emporium and the good news they are less expensive than Malio couch girls. I remember one night I picked a real cute 18 year old. I was her 1st Farang. I went down on her and she lost it - multiple orgasms - and then we both enjoyed amazing barebaking. I still love that girl! hahaha.

Lastly there are the less expensive bordellos starting with Kings Cross which is a really great brothel featuring 2 different floors of girls. The price is approximately $50 including the room. Then there is the world famous Classic Hotel with 3 floors of girls. They must have at least 300 girls on hand at any given point in time. Prices are approximately $20 per girl or $34 for 2 girls. I don't go to Classic very often, opting for the classier honky tonks, but Classic it is one hell of a scene and should definitely be on everyone's must list if/when visiting Jakarta. 

So that about covers it. I could mention the 5 star Hotel FL pick up bars like Bats in the Shangri-La or CJ's (a favorite) in the Mulia Hotel. they are great for late night action after a bordello session, but this post should be enough to awaken your interest in Jakarta. The key point I want to convey is that  I love the girls here. They are better looking, IMHO, than Thai girls and a lot less inhibited. The main issue is that everything is spread out. There is no nightlife  area to speak of to wander around in like Sukhumvit or even Burgos. You need a taxi to get around Jakarta and everything is low key and under wraps until you enter a bordello and then you will know you found a home away from home. Traffic is a night mare. The people are friendly. Crime is low. The food is very good.

Edited by Natty Bummpo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Manila has been on my list of places to visit (along with PP) for a while although I was surprised to hear the prices in MNL were just as if not more expensive than BKK. If I had to guess I’d be 90% on the prices being cheaper. Still would like to try at least once. PP is probably first though as I’ve heard great things and it is real VFM.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rocky Rockstar said:

Manila has been on my list of places to visit (along with PP) for a while although I was surprised to hear the prices in MNL were just as if not more expensive than BKK. If I had to guess I’d be 90% on the prices being cheaper. 

MNL can be more expensive than BKK, but it depends on where you look and what you are looking for. Comparing top end Go Go to top end Go Go, MNL IS more expensive. For example at Kojax or Plan B: the barfine is 3500 pesos and a sexiest girls will want 3500 pesos for ST which is $144 total, however, 3 lady drinks will be comped off your bill if you barfine the girl. That's worth 1000 pesos or a $20 savings which needs to be included in the total price comparison vrs. doing the same thing in a BKK Go Go ie picking up a girl and paying her barfine plus her lady drinks (no comp in BKK).

Now this is at the top end. Rogues Bar is representative of 2nd tier Go Go's on Burgos St. and is therefore less expensive with a barfine of 2000 pesos + ST of 2000 pesos which equals 4000 pesos or $82 all in. Then there are the quote un quote "massage girls" who hang out in groups of 2 or 3 girls all over Burgos ST. Some of them are quite fetching and attractive. ST with them is only 2000 pesos or $41. So you can see that MNL IS price competitive with BKK. It just depends on what type of girl you prefer and where you hunt.

That said, there is the high, high end side of MNL nightlife: the "large international nightclubs" which are similar to BKK Gentleman Clubs in both quality, price, and entertainment value. Airforce One, Pegasus, and Classmates are prime examples of these sorts of clubs. There are quite a few of them. Expect to pay at least 10,000 pesos for a night out in one of these clubs and that does not cover the additional 6000 pesos a runway girl will want for ST. Expensive you bet, but this is where you will find the top talent in MNL and I mean model quality/pin up quality girls.

Lastly, I should mention the 3 soapy massage parlors that are located in the same buildings as the 3 "international" clubs cited above. Airforce One has Flight 168, Pegasus has Sylvanus, and Classmates has Kremlin. These high end massage parlors have different tier girls and rooms so the price for a 90 minute session will vary from 4000 pesos to 6000 pesos ($82 to $124) all in (girl & room) depending on your choices in girl and room. 

I will end this report by saying I like MNL a lot. It is definitely not BKK, but it has its virtues, mainly the girls. And the girls all speak English although that can be a plus and a minus. Ha Ha. So to do MNL right, I recommend at least one week there - 10 days would be even better. You might also want to consider a side trip to AC which is 90 minutes away. Personally I think AC has seen better days. It used to be fucking amazing and super cheap. Not so much anymore, but adding an extra 4 or 5 days onto a PI trip might still be a good idea.

Edited by Natty Bummpo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, Natty Bummpo said:

In pre Corona times MNL had 2 great night life areas: Makati, MNL Burgos Street and the EDSA Entertainment Complex in Pasay, MNL.

Awesome recap of MNL.  +1 on the EDSA Complex.  More reasonably priced than Burgos, with similar quality girls. The Go-gos are also nicer and more spacious.  Downside, it's a little inconveniently located, taxi in and out is a must.

To complete the parallels between BKK and MNL, the LA Cafe bar in MNL is kind of Thermae of BKK for FL pickup (but also different)...even with the same crap going on should you get BKK-nostalgic - better looking girls flock to Asian customers and shrug at westerners, lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kelp987 said:

Can you give some pointers on this one?  How do you identify them?  Would be nice to get some pink to break the routine lol.

Based on the one I talk to on wechat occasionally, I imagine they're not there now as they all go home for vietnamese new year which was pre-pandemic. But normally they stand outside in a group on soi 4 right outside Nana hotel. They tend to have lighter skin and more plastic surgery than thai fls in the area. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:39 AM, keepitfun said:

Nana is my go to and has been for many many years.   I gave up on Cowboy as a tourist hotspot venue years ago.  In the 90s I only knew about Patpong and had many good times there...it’s changed.

other than that.....sipping a beer of an afternoon watching the world go past in a beer bar on Soi 4 and there are many cuties to be found down Soi 4 in massage shops eager for take out as you wander home late at night.

Once again, Keep It Fun writes a post so that I do not have to: same same me.

(I'd perhaps just add Soi 7 Beergarden to my own list. I will often pop in for a few late afternoon beers if there's nothing happening on Soi 4 or if the Morning Night/Stumble Inn birds are annoying me (sudden onset of unsolicited lady drink feeding frenzy 🙄), or just for a change of scenery. Beergarden usually full of old bangers, but late afternoon you can sometimes find a real gem among the rubbish. Older, bolder, and more fun, the gals in there: the way  like them.)

Tom Tit 😷

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, Natty Bummpo said:

Time is the deciding factor for me.

MNL & Jakarta, my 2 other favorite watering holes, have great girls - every bit as good as or sexier even than Thai girls , but the party doesn't start in MNL or Jakarta until 8pm to 9pm, so there is a lot more down time with nothing much to do. There is always something to do in BKK. 

Great point. These days, I am looking for beer at midday and late afternoon/early evening lady action. Last place I mongered other than BKK was Singapore. Nothing happening until around 10pm. Clubs and 3am non-stop partying bars are useless as a chocolate fireguard to me nowadays. 

Tom Tit

6 hours ago, Tom Tit said:

These days, I am looking for beer at midday and late afternoon/early evening lady action. Last place I mongered other than BKK was Singapore. Nothing happening until around 10pm. Clubs and 3am non-stop partying bars are useless as a chocolate fireguard to me nowadays. 

This. So much this. If the ladies would just understand the needs of the well-established older gentleman who has the means (and isn't going to pound them raw...) and get on earlier in the day. Of course there's always lack of discrete daytime venues and women not wanting to be seen in a particular light...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Love the Soi Cowboy atmosphere.  Small bars, lots of nudity and friendly, hand on girls.  Not cheap but worth the money.  Have fun it’s both BGs and waitresses.  Even a mamasan let me finger her pussy after i bought her a LD or two.  I complement Soi Cowboy with TF.  Wide variety of girls from BG to student to horny milf.  Have never been disappointed so far.