lockdown off in July?

No, the only people allowed to fly in are repatriated Thai's and a few small exceptions.  From what they say, there won't be any international tourism until the fourth quarter although I expect that to be changed.

It's been reported that the lockdown will end July 1 but it's not guaranteed: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1925768/complete-end-to-lockdown-on-july-1

Best to wait longer before booking, after all there's not telling what restrictions (health insurance, visa) may still be in place.  I for one don't want to go into quarantine when I return.  Finding available flights will also be a problem, expensive and limited.

Edited by Downandup
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, Downandup said:

It's been reported that the lockdown will end July 1 but it's not guaranteed: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1925768/complete-end-to-lockdown-on-july-1

Best to wait longer before booking, after all there's not telling what restrictions (health insurance, visa) may still be in place.  I for one don't want to go into quarantine when I return.  Finding available flights will also be a problem, expensive and limited.

Some light at the end of the tunnel.... at least we all hope. I'm still hoping for a end of the year trip but will follow the news and forum daily for updates.

Not so, it turns out that the flights are restricted to Thai's, diplomats and certain key workers.  They will have to go into quarantine after arriving and will be obliged to have medical insurance of $100,000.  Tourists are still not allowed.

So far, reports by the newspapers and even cabinet members have not been entirely correct, it is important to read the final government decrees to be certain what is allowed and banned.

It's been said that the emergency will end July 1st but that signifies the end of the lockdowns as the government can still impose other restrictions without that such as blocking tourists from different countries.  What's more all the current cases of Covid19 are imported which will make the government all the more reluctant to open their borders especially to countries with high numbers of cases and deaths.

• 4 months later...