Good places for Dinner Date

During my last bkk visit, i met a thai office girl. There is definitely a connect between us and we like to chat on Line for hours now. I want to invite her for a dinner date as soon as the situation improves at bkk.

Please suggest the suitable places for having a dinner date around Sukhumvit area. She likes both thai, Japanese food and is a wine lover.

[emoji482][emoji481][emoji1635]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed Somboon Seafood. I went to the one in Central Embassy Mall, although there are quite a few branches around Bangkok. I love the fried curry crab, although it could be a bit messy.

Another recommendation would be Prai Raya on Soi 8. Housed in a lovely villa, it's famous for Phuket dishes like crab in yellow curry with noodles.

The first two photos are of Somboon, the next two from Prai Raya.

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

I enjoyed Somboon Seafood. I went to the one in Central Embassy Mall, although there are quite a few branches around Bangkok. I love the fried curry crab, although it could be a bit messy.

Another recommendation would be Prai Raya on Soi 8. Housed in a lovely villa, it's famous for Phuket dishes like crab in yellow curry with noodles.

The first two photos are of Somboon, the next two from Prai Raya.

IMG_0743.thumb.JPG.2a0a9e202bc393b50b11650995a83ff4.JPG

IMG_0742.thumb.JPG.66adc9ce1514ba91f8a9d8d381fe6b1f.JPG

IMG_0691.thumb.JPG.bc273349c164ea4b95a8cd4ee758cce5.JPG

IMG_0690.thumb.JPG.7e9d3842c6dbd88c5bfab0f9b3716481.JPG

Thanks looks like good suggestions. I will research more on these two options[emoji846]

Thanks looks like good suggestions. I will research more on these two options[emoji846]

One of my favorite restaurants in the area is Indulge, located behind Cowboy on the main road before the traffic lights. They have great wines and an amazing menu.
  • Like 1

On Soi 8 left hand side about 300m from Suk is Kinaree.  Very traditional Thai and fantastic  serviceThey will love it.

Or.... down in maybe soi 30 something...Vientiane kitchen.  Great food with a traditional show and you can participate in the stick dance.

There are many great restaurants to take girls in BKK, but do it for your own benefit and not to impress the girl. Most girls would just as well prefer a down home Isan style restaurant.

That said, I have taken a few of my favorite girls to Kinnaree by Vanessa WU on Soi 8 too and we enjoyed some great meals. Kinnaree has a very nice (romantic) garden setting and they serve elevated, classical Thai food. On one particular night I even ordered a glass of their Thai red wine from Hua Hin. It was surprisingly good!

Mini at Kinnaree by Vanessa 1635 s.jpg

Mini at Kinnaree by Vanessa 1640 s.jpg

Mini at Kinnaree by Vanessa 1644 s.jpg

But like I said, many girls prefer down home Isan food over the fancy Thai cuisine. That Thai style tastes real good to me too and I have an equally good time if not better in some of these joints with my girls. Here are just a few examples and recommendations:

Baan E-san Muangyos on Soi 31 - an all night Isan eatery. I come her often with my various bar girls. 555. The staff know me well and are very discreet. Ha Ha.

1472057348_PamatBaanE-sanMuangyos2as.thumb.jpg.7e4ba1b53708a652e890605e026d6e74.jpg

Soi 57 Seafood Street Cart - I love this place. 

Soi 57 Street Stall with Boom & Ae 1.jpg

F 55 Pochana - Spicy Pork Salad. -  A Chinese / Thai storefront - great food and relatively cheap. 1762888113_F55Pochana-SpicyPorkSalad4s.thumb.jpg.7a63ac2e8e0604c383860b4ae96a5ae0.jpg

F 55 Pochana - Clams in Red Pepper Sauce - Really Yummy!

F 55 Pochana - Clams in Red Pepper Sauce 4s .jpg

Edited by gogul

Thanks everyone. I think All suggestions are interesting and i would like to try all one by one. [emoji3577][emoji106][emoji481][emoji12]

Have a look at Jacks bar by the river. It isn’t posh, but has a great feel to it. Their food is good and they do have nice wine. Definitely more casual, but plenty of Thais prefer this.

• Like 1

Why don’t you spread out beyond expat and tourist land? If you are looking to eat Thai food in particular, Sukhumvit isn’t good by Thai standards.

Some contrarian ideas - 

For a spectacular evening river view - The Deck at Arun Residence, Chao Phra River

Night Walking Food Tour - Chinatown at Yaowarat Road, easily reached now by MRT now.

Getting out and chilling out - Koh Kret, chilled out island on the river in North Bangkok. Not too far out, and you won’t feel like you’re in Bangkok.

Noveau bars/arts - Soi Nana, yeah not the one you are thinking of. It’s a street near Hua Lamphong Station of old shops that have been renovated into cool little bars and art galleries.

Bangkok is a mega-city, and options abound everywhere beyond a 3km strip between Nana and Thonglor BTS stations.

D9ACA473-F3F4-4BC8-9033-C06A16E2BA80.jpeg

A69EA0C8-07D6-4FA7-AD48-C6EFAF4E7FB4.jpeg

F0286A4D-E8AA-42D0-9E0A-08A03F6B9311.jpeg

E9472087-A196-4D1D-8C8B-99BE1E45A28F.jpeg