Visa extension

lv_usa

I have been in BKK since March 4. My 30 days concludes the end of the day April 2.

I have a flight to Hanoi on April 2. But now that won't happen. Perhaps after April 15 if Vietnam cancels it's current restriction. I also have a flight out of HCMC to the USA on June 25.

I hope to extend my stay in Thailand 30 days while awaiting the Vietnam Government's decision on April 15. 

2 questions:

1. If I apply now successfully for an extension will the new 30 days start after my 30 stamp concludes on April 2 rather at the date of issue?

2. My flight out of Thailand on April 2 now void. Will Thailand Immigration require a new flight out of the country even though I can't predict what Vietnam will do on April 15? I can certainly show them my flight booking out of Vietnam to the USA on June 25 but I don't know if that will satisfy immigration.

I plan to go to an an immigration office here early next week. I would like to know before I go the answers to my questions.

Thanks 

Herbby is right, I doubled checked my 30 day extensions that I purchased at immigration and the new 30 days starts on the day you receive that visa. So if your current one expires on April 2 and you go to immigration for an extension on March 31, your new 30 days will begin on March 31. For your second question, all Thai immigration cares about is that you don't overstay your visa. Each day of overstay is about 500 baht a day I think. 

Nope. Went to the Government Immigration Complex in North Bangkok yesterday March 20. Was there for 9 1/2 hours. Facility packed with foreigners. My cue number Section K 660.  All other sections were similar. Over 8 hour wait for my number to be called. 

My visitation stamp was set to expire end of the day April 2. My new extension stamp clearly shows the new expiration date of May 2. Before starting this process at 9 am, I asked a couple of immigration employees the question:  if I apply today when will the extension expire? Both stated 30 days AFTER my original visitation stamp expires which showed end of the day April 2. My new extension stamp CLEARLY shows May 2.