COVID-19 VIRUS NEWS

3 hours ago, DiamondBac said:

I doubt Thailand would clamp down on people leaving the way China did to Wuhan

Main thing to look out for would be whether your home country requires you to self-quarantine upon return

New Zealand just enacted legislation requiring ALL (except pacific islanders) travellers to NZ (including NZ'ers) to self isolate for 14 days. Huge impact on travellers.

The airport was chaotic yesterday (Saturday). Staffing levels appeared to have been planned on the basis of nobody arriving. The plane from Sydney was about 60% capacity. 

It was surprising to see supermarkets with bags of rice and toilet paper stocks at normal levels. The irrational panic has not set in here yet. 

On 3/14/2020 at 3:57 AM, Jonard said:

Thailand will not ban people from leaving. No country has banned people from leaving.

my countrymen were taken out of the Wuhan quarantine 2 days after it was imposed.

I’m not worried.

Probably not.

Brunei has banned people leaving though.

I don’t think we could be far away from bars and restaurants closing you know. Other countries are now doing this and health minister here has already risen the possibility.

If there is a surge of cases I can see that happening. Would be bad news for all the bar girls. They would be fucked (and not in the way they usually are).

Edited by Herbby

32 minutes ago, Rocky Rockstar said:

Wonder what’s gonna happen for Songkran next month? Would be pretty devastating for the bars etc if they had to close or ban celebrations during this period but I can see it happening.

Well, the big organised stuff is already canned. I wonder if bars will be enforced to not partake too?

This next few months will really see some bars struggle and more than likely close.

The PM has been saying today to not panic, not stockpile food etc.

But about 7.30pm this evening, some Truevision channels were interrupted with an Emergency notice (in Thai), telling people to stay home for 2 weeks and not stockpile food.

So completely contradictory and this just panics people.

Edited by thainetpat

Can anybody on the ground update about the actual situation at bangkok? This Covid-19 has screwed almost whole of the world with fear and infections. What is the situation in bkk? [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been through Thai Immigration in the last 24 hours? Any bar closings? I'm sure there are rumors. I'm flying into BKK in two days, or not.  I have a quite high risk tolerance, but not much fun to be in self quarantine and no where to go anyway. Esta Americano

Only Mandarin closed in Nana Plaza last night. Thermae is pretty much a washout, only a handful of girls even bothering to show up, and I assume nightclubs are similar.

I went through immigration on Saturday. Not a lot of people arriving, obviously. But they were still struggling to cope because there didn't seem to be a lot of staff on, and those who were working didn't seem to know what was going on. Empty restaurants everywhere. Cowboy bars mostly open, almost zero customers and some bars have almost no girls working.

Massage lady today was happy to get a customer, she said "I go buy ticket home now". I asked "No customer?". She said "No, I scare".