What do you do during your first 6 hours in Bangkok?

usually the routine is probably the same for m,ost of poeple: taxi from airport to hotel, checkin,valuable in safe, shower and all stuff to be clean, changing money, if its day time i go for something easy like bj bar or massage if its evening or night i go in bar , late after evey thing is close i go to bed. 

• 2 months later...

Great topic,

I have no idea what I will do specifically but likely check things out at the airport, take my time absorbing the environment then find a cab I guess and off to the hotel to check in then.... honestly I have no idea... Lol but something tells me I will find something to do. As mentioned a massage would be nice as I am also traveling from Canada 21-27 hours.

I will be sure to report any interesting finding.

Cheers

first thing I would do is get a massage with full service around Phrom Phong area. Then have some nice food and relax and play some pool in one of the bars at Sukhumvit. Maybe follow up by a session at Akane or a bj bar. After that get some sleep to avoid the jet lag.

Edited by drifting clouds

2 hours ago, Martin67 said:

Great topic,

I have no idea what I will do specifically but likely check things out at the airport, take my time absorbing the environment then find a cab I guess and off to the hotel to check in then.... honestly I have no idea... Lol but something tells me I will find something to do. As mentioned a massage would be nice as I am also traveling from Canada 21-27 hours.

I will be sure to report any interesting finding.

Cheers

Flying over the pacific from North America puts you in Bangkok around midnight local time (at apt or hotel by 1:30am.  After that 21-27 hours traveling as a younger man i would be heading out immediately.   Now, getting some sleep and starting fresh in the morning has it's adavantages.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hoback said:

Flying over the pacific from North America puts you in Bangkok around midnight local time (at apt or hotel by 1:30am.  After that 21-27 hours traveling as a younger man i would be heading out immediately.   Now, getting some sleep and starting fresh in the morning has it's adavantages.

Agreed, after nearly a full day of flying I am sure a good rest will be needed.

I will just play it by ear and see how I feel... might be running on some adrenalin for a while...LOL

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2022 at 11:11 PM, hoback said:

After that 21-27 hours traveling as a younger man i would be heading out immediately.

As a younger man I did so. Now after being cramped on an an airplane that long, I still feel like a decent walk and a couple beers are needed before bed. And I usually just can't help myself from having a quick shag too.

19 hours ago, Ondis said:

One of the first things is buying the tourists SIM card so that you can be available to fun right away 😉

Don't really need a SIM for that.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ondis said:

One of the first things is buying the tourists SIM card so that you can be available to fun right away 😉

That sounds like some pretty solid advice there buddy.

That will be my plan.

Apparently you can get them right at the airport... and they set everything up for you.

3 hours ago, Martin67 said:

That sounds like some pretty solid advice there buddy.

That will be my plan.

Apparently you can get them right at the airport... and they set everything up for you.

Yup, cheap internet helps a lot everywhere on the planet ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little_me said:

As a younger man I did so. Now after being cramped on an an airplane that long, I still feel like a decent walk and a couple beers are needed before bed. And I usually just can't help myself from having a quick shag too.

A stroll around lower Sukhumvit would definitely be in order, but I had a place outside the city center. A walk after that flight helps get the bood flowing again, and what a scenic area it is around Nana.  Speaking of moving with a purpose, a friend asked me about getting from the plane to immigration at Suvarnabhumbi and I told him just follow the single men sprinting away from the gate!  

1 hour ago, Ondis said:

Yup, cheap internet helps a lot everywhere on the planet 😉

While I would recommend getting your SIM setup at the airport...

And I love the convenience of Grab, google maps, line., etc. 

On that small stretch of sukhumvit between Cowboy and Nana, from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am (and sometimes later). You really shouldn't need help finding it.

And, just show up in real life and enjoy.

I realize there's a lot to be offered on Thai Friendly, fiwfans,  smooci, booking massage girls via line... 

But there's so much that just isn't online at all. Just out there, just show up.  First 6 hours, especially if you've got one of these US flights arriving late night, just get out there and hit it. Leave your phone behind... (ok, maybe bring it for picture, to share!!!)

• 3 weeks later...