Must eat recommendations (hot food fan)

Just got back from Chinatown. At night, Yarowat Road is lined with food carts on both sides of the road, and more carts are set up on the side streets, in addition to the regular restaurants. Truly a culinary adventure.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:30 AM, Herbby said:

Prachak duck. Find it on google maps. Best duck in Bangkok and cheap too.

Fantastic duck, close to Saphan Taksin BTS station. Small place, can get crowded and gets very busy for take-out too. Great atmosphere. Worth a detour for a snack if you're going to or coming from the River Ferries.

Based on this thread, I took the Sky Train out to try Prachak for lunch. Got the roast duck and red pork on rice combo. Won't say it was life changing, but was still pretty good (and as noted, cheap). Note that if it's crowded on the first floor, there's more seating upstairs. Also I stirred my meal before I remembered to take a photo of it, so it may have looked better when they placed it on the table!

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

10 hours ago, smeghead76 said:

@briguy so was it suitably spicy for you?

Actually it wasn't spicy at all. Which is okay with me, as I'm not a fan of having things too spicy. As always, there were sauces/chilis available to spice it up if you wanted.