February 2020

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Rocky Rockstar said:

Well the Bangkok gods must be smiling on me just when I thought my next Asia work trip might not be until April I am now back out again in just over two weeks! Will be Singapore first so most likely in BKK 12-15 Feb.

Cheers mate, teeelaaak waiting 14 feb

14 hours ago, Boogie.man said:

Hi guys, i will be in bkk 16 to 22 February, for my second trip to Thailand. I am a bit worried about the coronavirus. How is the situation there at the moment?

I think they have quarrentined 5 cases so far. They have stopped flights from China as of today.

Personally I would still go, but everyone is different on how they perceive risk.  I'm no expert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heading to BKK Feb 26-29. American from Singapore here. Was going for a work event, but it was canceled due to the virus, which frees up some time. Still going for a few meetings. Not complaining. 

There’s no real sign of the virus in BKK from what friends and colleagues tell me. A little less crowded and people wearing masks. In Singapore it’s temperature checks at every office building, but nothing too crazy. 

11 hours ago, polluxxx said:

Heading to BKK Feb 26-29. American from Singapore here. Was going for a work event, but it was canceled due to the virus, which frees up some time. Still going for a few meetings. Not complaining. 

There’s no real sign of the virus in BKK from what friends and colleagues tell me. A little less crowded and people wearing masks. In Singapore it’s temperature checks at every office building, but nothing too crazy. 

Yes when I was in Singapore I had my temperature taken a few times but nothing in BKK other than more people wearing face masks on public transport.

Bizarrely my work (UK) have requested I work from home for 2 weeks as a ‘precaution’ even though I only went to Singapore & BKK shame I didn’t know about this before I could have stayed out in Thailand longer without telling them lol

• rowy unpinned this topic